[OZAPRS] HF aprs

Gerard Hill vk2io at exemail.com.au
Tue May 25 01:33:52 EST 2010

Hi Mick,

Your beacon hasn't made it to the IGate here or any of the other ones.
This afternoon, conditions were quite good with VK5, VK7 and ZL2
all heard plus a mobile in VK2. So, a few tweaks are needed.

Are you decoding stations on the FT2000 setup?
There are a couple of things to watch with AGW PE Pro. By default it
comes up in "PK232" mode so it is expecting FSK tones on 2110 and 2310
Hz. It needs to be switched to "KAM" mode for use with standard 1600 and
1800 Hz tones. Either that or change frequency by 510 Hz (up on LSB,
down on USB). After changing this setting, PE Pro must be restarted.

If you set "KAM" mode when defining a new port through the port setup
wizard, it doesn't stick. It must be set through properties of a
RadioPort, and then restarted.

There's more setup info here:
http://www.kc2rlm.info/soundcardpacket/1signalinkusb.htm

And tips for fixing the low audio here: