[OZAPRS] AGWPE UIView Signalink Issues

David and Justine Olsen davejust at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 20 21:36:41 EST 2010

Well when at last I thought all was OK, now the wonderful PC ( you can
tell I am a Mac man) decides that a random illogical problem would be
a worthwhile thing to throw at me.

Set up is Win XP, Packet Engine Pro, UIview 32, SignallinkUSB, IC703
and amp.

All was working fine, but now I get no beacon. Manually telling UIView
to beacon produces a very short flash of the red "light" on the Packet
Engine Pro icon, but does nothing else. My call shows up on UIView32
and the red light flashes but that is it. I've checked connections,
rebooted, deleted UIView and PEPro .ini files, recreated TNC ports but
still no success. I have even tried turning around three times on one
foot while throwing salt over my left shoulder (it works for LandRover
electrics) but no success.

Does anyone have any experience with this phenomenon?

David
VK4MDX