[OZAPRS] What are the frequencies used for APRS on HF using PSK63?

stevez at tpg.com.au stevez at tpg.com.au
Mon Mar 22 10:23:48 EST 2010

The only way I think you'd get APRS positions via PSK63 in Australia
right now is using one of the two PSKMail servers (VK2ETA in Sydney, and
VK2ZSZ near Canberra).
If you set up the PSKMail client to use FLDigi with TXiD on, then these
servers will switch to PSK63 and listen for your beacon. PSKMail has HF
email, basic web, file transfer and APRS functions, and the client setup
is easy.
VK2ETA-1 switches bands at set intervals, where as mine (VK2ZSZ-1) is a
simpler setup listening on 30M only. See
http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/PSKmailservers .
I wondered why they really bothered putting in APRS functionality (as
the traditional HF system is so good), but here I see a niche filled by it.
Give it a go - the PSKMail gateways need a bit of a workout!

Steve (VK2ZSZ)