[OZAPRS] FW: OpenAPRS iPhone Edition Announcement
geoff-lists at gatwards.org
Sat Mar 13 09:03:14 EST 2010
For those of you with an iPhone - this may be of interest J
From: aprssig-bounces at tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf
Of Gregory A. Carter
Sent: Saturday, 13 March 2010 2:05 AM
To: aprssig at tapr.org
Subject: [aprssig] OpenAPRS iPhone Edition Announcement
Over the last year and a half, we've received quite a bit of anticipation
and support for our development of an iPhone app that uses OpenAPRS's direct
client connection interface. The day has come that the app has been
released and is available in the iTunes store! OpenAPRS iPhone Edition
1.0.1 is now available for purchase and download to any iPhone or iPod
device running OS 3.0 or higher. This initial release supports the
- Callsign SSID support.
- Ability to change your APRS Icon.
- Auto beaconing on a user settable interval.
- Custom position comment.
- Breadcrumb creation to show your beaconed positions throughout your trip.
- Auto centering map on movement.
- Ability to disable the iPhone screen saver to use as a map during your
- Manual coordinate entry if desired for beacons instead of using automatic
- Supports sending and receiving APRS messages to your callsign + SSID. You
don't have to be online when a message is sent to you, our servers will
store messages until you check them (includes decaying support built in to
- Distance traveled indicator.
- Estimated speed based on time and position change between updates (not to
be used as an actual speedometer).
- Built in compass that works on 3GS or higher iPhones.
Our next feature release which will be available in a couple of weeks will
- Station symbol overlays
- Rotating mobile icons to match course/bearing
- Search for stations by name or wildcard
- Support for metric units
- Position and speed addition to location beacons.
- Object creation
Development on an iPad version is already in the works...
Thanks to everyone who has helped with suggestions and testing to make this
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OZAPRS