[OZAPRS] Brisbane tracking

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Jun 27 18:30:32 EST 2010

You could upgrade, but I advise against it.  While you get to be able
to send APRS packets, and you get a band or two and a bit more power to
play with, it really isn't worth it.  Stay at foundation level.  Also
cheaper.  ;-}

Come on James, what sort of advice is that? Should I have stayed a Z
call when I wanted access to HF? How ridiculous. Every additional band
and mode you can have access to is a real bonus.

Ashley, this is a fantastic hobby that I've been licenced to use since
1969. I encourage you to advance your knowledge and licence privileges -
they will both add to to your personal development and, might have
professional advantage as well.

It was the hobby of amateur radio (and my ambition) that saw me employed
in the telecommunications industry for 35 years.

You've taken the first step with a Foundation Licence, now climb that
ladder.

Ray vk2tv