[OZAPRS] first.aprs.net.au relocation coming up

Geoff geoff-lists at gatwards.org
Thu Jul 22 12:09:10 EST 2010

Hi Colin,

Not sure what you are trying to view, but that's a redirection from the
server at work here that used to host first.aprs.net.au.  There are no
longer any aprs DNS records pointing to my work servers, so I'm guessing
your ISP is caching their DNS and overriding the response TTL with their own
:(

In any case, the only reason you would be seeing that website is if you were
trying to browse to the APRS server instead of using an APRS client on the
correct ports.  Regardless of whether the DNS is right or not, that is not a
valid URL - the APRS server doesn't host a user-accessible website - the
APRS website is at http://www.aprs.net.au.

Regards,
Geoff  VK2XJG