[OZAPRS] Wx Stations

VK6 UFO vk6ufo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 19:08:08 EST 2010

>  G'day,
>
> I would like to set up a Wx stn at the home qth running via uiview and was
> wondering what station equipment others have found to work well. Also how
> easily do these home stations connect to a PC and of what is out there what
> equipment is worth spending some dollars on.

Hi Paul, I'm planning on doing much the same. I already have access to an
installed Peet Bros. Ultimeter 2100 WX. That outputs data through RS232.
Unfortunately it appears UIView can't deal with that directly but needs a
specific data file to read. This would mean a go-between program to take the
RS232 data and save it as the required data file for UIView. I've already
done some Visual Basic programming for that WX so it should be easy to adapt
a version for UIView. I've got all the specs and stuff. Now I just need some
spare time! (unless somebody is aware of an existing tool to do the job?)

--
———————
Rob VK6UFO