[OZAPRS] My settings issue

Howard Small howard at small.com.au
Wed Jan 20 15:18:33 EST 2010

I have it worked out now. My D700 is acting as a fill-in digi so it drops
the WIDE1-1 before rebroadcasting the packet. Thus the fill-in digi in
Trinity Beach receives the rebroadcast but as WIDE1-1 is now killed it does
not act on it.

I changed the path in my handheld to WIDE1-1,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 and it works.
My D700 drops the first WIDE1-1 and rebroadcasts. The Trinity Beach fill-in
digi ignores the first WIDE1-1 and acts on the second WIDE1-1 which it drops
then rebroadcasts.

I can get the same result using VK4BS-1,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1.

I am not sure what will happen when I send a packet in range of the Trinity
Beach fill-in digi and out of range of my D700 but will test it out when I
am down that way.

Having found the solution, can anyone tell me the effect of using this path
in other areas?

Howard

VK4BS