[OZAPRS] Cavity info

Nic McLean mcleann at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 19 10:27:40 EST 2010

Try http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/2mduplexer.html
Nic
VK2KXN / VK5ZAT

A google search didn't find any references and I don't' have any of the
older articles.

I have the machine tools to do the job and I had also thought that if
design formulas were available I could adjust the width and length as
required so that I could make the whole outer from one piece of
aluminium bar or tube and even turn a very fine internal thread (like a
camera lens thread) on the other for fine adjustment.

Another reason both for building and designing my own is that I also
need half a dozen or so in my shack. With the APRS,  IRLP, packet BBS,
and several radios on 2m all running 24/7 I suffer an awful lot of
desense and cross mod.

It would also be nice if I could reduce the number of antennas hanging
off my shack as well. It looks like a frightened Echidna at the moment.

Regards Tony VK3API