[OZAPRS] TNC

Gordon Taylor gordon.t at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 12 21:01:33 EST 2010

Sam,
	I use a TT3 for HF, I found the Open Tracker was too hard to use as
you have to load firmware for 300 baud.

In regards to a PK232, there really are no mods apart from issuing the
following from say hyper terminal.

VHF=OFF
HBAUD=300

Then when going back to VHF use;

VHF=ON
HBAUD=1200

You need to remember that the tone frequencies are different in the PK-232,
so to get it to work on 10.14760 USB, you need a dial frequency of 10.14709
USB.

This last bit of info is on http://www.aprs.net.au/hf/aprs-hf and various
other sites.  Pick the group based on the TNC and then check the frequency
to be used.

Regards,
Gordo VK4VP