[OZAPRS] 300 baud TNC

vk2hlt at netspace.net.au vk2hlt at netspace.net.au
Mon Jan 11 17:38:55 EST 2010

Thanks for the replies guys, I have two things in mind. 1) a crossbanded HF to
VHF tracker, I have now got the Codan NGT running with a TT3 and would like to
be able to use a portable tracker away from the vehicle, i have a Kenwood HT
with a gps and TT3 attached to it that goes great in a backpack. Both the KAM
and the SCS dsp seem to be able to do this.
2) Be able to use it at home to be able to "see" hf stations, possibly even
using it as a temporary/semi permenant 40m gate.
The SCS dsp is definately an option as a new unit, possibly better than the
Kantronics ? They are both fairly close in pricing. The tracker 2 would
definately do just fine for home but can it have 2 radios and baud rates at the
same time ? I will look it up ! I have also just stumbled accross a KAM plus on
ebay that finished yesterday and went for $ 143 us.
Cheers Tim VK2HLT