[OZAPRS] WXSVR-AU Update - NSW Bushfire info

Geoff geoff-lists at gatwards.org
Sun Jan 3 13:32:38 EST 2010

That's what I was starting to think.

Part of getting these new alerts into the system has involved a fairly large rewrite of some of the core subroutines in the WXSVR scripts, mainly to provide myself an API type interface to make plugging in of different sources more flexible.

I've now added the ability to control which PID's get objects and area alerts, so I can now turn OFF the shapefile alerting for the BFx series of alerts - i.e. you'll only see the bushfire objects now.

Also filtered the feed a little - since RFS is assisting SES with Flood relief at the moment, these incidents were also showing up as bushfires - a bit ironic and quite incorrect. If you notice any others popping up that are not really fires please let me know and I'll add them to the filter.

Currently the EXPIRY times of the bushfire incidents are calculated by WXSVR as follows:
Bushfire Warning (BFW) - 3 hours from "last update" time
Bushfire Advice (BFA) - 6 hours from "last update" time
Any event with status of "Under Control" (BFU) - 12 hours from "last update" time

Any comments on these timings?  It means that if an incident is still listed but has not been updated on the RFS site within the expiry intervals above, the objects will not be created.
(for e.g. there is a 48ha Under Control Bushfire in the Gosford area not updated since 31/12/09)

Next I need to re-work the WEATHER alerts into the new code (still running the original system for them)
Hopefully this will be pretty much transparent, the only thing you'll notice is the naming convention for the objects will change to match the ones used by the RFS objects.

Cheers,
Geoff  VK2XJG