[OZAPRS] query "P" Call

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Wed Feb 24 18:15:37 EST 2010

Brian Beamish wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please would some confirm if a "P" call can operate on both VHF and HF
> APRS as I am unsure myself?

 From http://www.wia.org.au/licences/licensing/callsignstructure/

P calls are standard licensees so they (we) can operate VHF and HF
packet no worries (but only standard HF bands  - no WARC - 40m and 20m
ok but not 30m)

> If so this person lives in Perth and I am sure that he would appreciate
> some advice from a local VK6 APRS operator as to the most economical
> place to obtain the right gear in VK6 Perth particularly.

The same place everyone else does... the Internet? :-)

73
Gavin.

--

       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
     ICQ: 17230395       MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au