[OZAPRS] VK3XCI went quiet again!

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Fri Feb 19 10:07:18 EST 2010

Can't say I've had an issue there since bub was born.. - first power
outage more than 2 minutes and she ok'd buying new batteries for the
little 1kva APC jobbies I have scattered around the house..  and after
the first power outage of more than an hour took out our internet
because the big 3kva jobbie in the garage only lasts an hour (and i
think not being able to use the microwave helped), i have the go-ahead
to buy an electric-start diesel ~4kva genny when i find one that's
relatively cheap :)  It's all about putting it into something that
stops THEM being inconvenienced ;)

Now replacing my commodore with another 4wd? That's taken about 2
years of grumbling about 'these bloody newfangled no-ground-clearance,
hard-to-work-on POS things!' that finally ended with us getting stuck
in nowra for a couple of days because for some reason noone stocks
alternators for VT commodores?!  Picking up a '94 pajero in canberra
next thursday :)  (and racing back saturday  arvo so I'm back home for
the hamfest!)

--DG