[OZAPRS] Setting up TT4 Tx on 2m

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Feb 18 07:17:36 EST 2010

David,

It's times like this when there is no substitute for an oscilloscope (CRO).

There are plenty of (free) software CRO's for Windoze that will enable
you to see exactly what's going on, that will let you compare waveforms
with known working stations. Many amateur data software programs contain
a CRO.

The time spent installing a CRO will be well worth the effort, believe
me. My hardware CRO is the most useful piece of test gear for working
with data and modulation.

Have a look at this site from John Ackerman, it's a brilliant tutorial
on 1k2 packet, complete with oscillograms.

http://www.febo.com/packet/layer-one/transmit.html

Ray vk2tv