[OZAPRS] APRS computer power consumption

Steve stevez at tpg.com.au
Mon Dec 13 12:19:55 EST 2010

Well, it looked like his mileage did vary indeed! Poor bloke. I hope
he's somehow got a dud one, and that there's not some problem with them
generally.

I don't have a GuruPlug, but I can confirm that all the other ARM SoC
devices I have run cool and perform well.
I have one on a Solar installation out the bush that has an uptime of
weeks, and hasn't gotten close to flattening the battery - even after
the week of rain  we had recently (low output from the 60W solar array).
It will be a remote APRS I-Gate as soon as I get a TNC (or USB soundcard
so I can run Soundmodem) for it.
Good fun devices to play with, and they are everywhere. Check your ADSL
modem/router or your 802.11 gear for possible examples ;-)

Steve.