[OZAPRS] smart meters ?

Gerard Hill vk2io at amsat.org
Sun Dec 12 07:56:05 EST 2010

The 30m SWR is a little surprising. Usually the resonant dipole
dominates because its the one sucking most of the current at the centre
of the fan. The non-resonant ones have little effect. An impedance of
609+j895 seems way too high. Are you sure the 30m element was included
in the model? And is there enough separation from the other elements?

VK2TPM built a dual band 40m/30m fan dipole and reports good results.
SWR is excellent on both bands. See:
<http://blog.marxy.org/2010/10/dual-band-dipole-for-40-and-30m.html>

Cheers ... Gerard, VK2IO