[OZAPRS] Weather station software for linux

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Sat Dec 4 19:57:49 EST 2010

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 06:27:58PM +1000, Andrew Rich wrote:
> Most of the weather stations should output some sort if serial data ?

On Linux, pywws negotiates with the weather stations using USB
transactions, and there is no USB serial port present like there is with
USB to serial adapters.

On Windows, the vendor provides an application that does something
similar.

> When used with scripting languages such as perl you should be able to
> manipulate the data to what ever format you want

pywws is written in Python, and it seems to be quite flexible.  I was
able to manipulate quite freely.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/