[OZAPRS] Weather station software for linux

Michael Wain vk3hau at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 4 16:10:50 EST 2010

Hello Vasily,

Yes, the Altronics X7062 is the same as the Jaycar XC0348 weather station, I
use the XC0348 and it works very well, my weather station vk3hau-10 set up
is ....

* Jaycar wireless Weather Station part number XC0348 $ 149.00
* Cumulus 1.8.9 weather station software downloaded from
http://sandaysoft.com/ $ free
* UiView32 , set to receive the data from cumulus software at c:\program
files\cumulus\wxnow.txt
* Kantronics PC3 TNC
* Philips FM900 2mtr transmitter on the APRS freq.

Cumulus also has a in built webpage FTP for uploading to you webpage, see
mine at http://www.qsl.net/vk3hau/weather/index.htm  and realtime data at
http://www.qsl.net/v/vk3hau//weather/realtime/realtime.html
and can also send the data out via APRS-IS, so you don't need a TNC but will
need a Validation number .

Yours sincerely

Michael Wain - VK3HAU

EGARC Inc. Publicity Officer.