[OZAPRS] Seeking advice on portable fill-in digi setup

Jenny and Gerard somewhereinoz at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 15 16:56:28 EST 2010

Hi all,
We have been travelling Australia for the past 2.5 years and hope to be doing so for the next few years.

We have been many times in places where there is no APRS coverage at all.

I have one D710 in my car (VK2JNG-9) and one D710 in my caravan(VK2JNG-1) linked up to my laptop running APRSIS32. and I-gating my mobile packets to the internet.

All that is working fine. Just wanted to know what my "PATH" settings should be at the I-Gate.
It came as Wide1-1,Wide2-1.

Would the setting Wide1-1 be ok to keep as we are slowly heading East and not wanting to cause unnecessary QRM.

Or can I keep the setting as is being: Wide1-1,Wide2-1

Thanks,
Gerard
VK2JNG