[OZAPRS] reply to Rob VK6UFO

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 5 19:37:02 EST 2010

I think Adrian literally means sending APRS messages i.e. a message from his
callsign to another callsign with some text. I've wondered the same thing
with UI-View.. You can read messages but I didn't notice any way to send
them using the Message window.
--
———————
Rob VK6UFO

Hi Rob,
            Open the UI-View " Message " window you will find 4 tabs at the
top

All   Mine  BLN  NWS_*

The " All " window should show all traffic and the others will show  Mine =
Your messages BLN= Bulletins  NWS_* weather info

Under the split screen in All  you will have an empty window and under that
there is another window with

To              Port             Digi
       _TH-D7

Text (67)
              Name

In the To box add the callsign of the person you want to send a message

In Port the port that it will go out on

Digi will be the digi  you need ( double click ) should set you right

Text (67)   up to 67 characters here  this includes spaces

Hope this helps

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE