[OZAPRS] Alinco 635 TNC

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Aug 2 21:18:24 EST 2010

> > > BTEXT    VK2POO listening 145.175MHZ 91.5Hz CTCSS
>
> Your beacon text can be anything you like, of course, but am I to
understand
> that you are using a tone squelch on receive? I'm not aware of APRS node
> sending out such a tone.

Isn't that standard for 'voice alert'?  transmit using 91.5Hz CTCSS, APRS
modem receives not using CTCSS, but audio output to *you* only gets heard if
the tone is there.. - means you know when there's another station within
local range, so you can call and have a yarn (after organising another
frequency) while you're on the road :)

Cheers,

DG