[OZAPRS] "Flash TNC" information

VK6 UFO vk6ufo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:19:29 EST 2010

> I am still lurking - not too active AR wise these days due to work and
> family commitments, but still interested in supporting network development.

Speak of the devil. APRS is having a bit of a comeback in WA recently, even
in the short time I've been involved.
This flash TNC box came by way of VK6LUX (Meg) who is friends with SK VK6IW
Dave's family. They wanted to see all his stuff get back with hams and into
good use. Wwe'll find a use for it somewhere.

> I'll send you some documents directly, as I don't know if this group will
> allow me to send attachments?  If anyone else would like a copy, please let
> me know.

Thanks Joe. Hopefully you don't have the problems I encounter using gmail. I
couldn't even send a zip file due to it containing an executable.

> And I am surprised to hear that a number of the units are still running.
>  The only real problem I am aware of is that some of the caps in the charge
> pump dry out and cause problems with the serial interface, otherwise they
> are still going strong and ideal for APRS operation.

I take it they are electrolytics. I'll replace them and that'll sort that
out.
--
———————
Rob VK6UFO