[OZAPRS] FW: [aprssig] New aprs client available for windows - xastir

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Fri Apr 30 11:39:40 EST 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:29:20AM +1000, Steven Heimann wrote:
> I was doing this on my 1.73GHz Celeron ...

That processor does not have virtualisation support in the chip, so it
will have suffered badly under VMware or VirtualBox.

> ... While this andLinux is also a virtual machine ...

No, it isn't a virtual machine.  It might look like it to you from a
user perspective, but it's based on a different technology, not
virtualisation.  It uses coLinux, which is a native execution method.
Instead of simulating another CPU, the program runs on the CPU you have.

As a result, it is much faster.

Nice to hear your test result, thanks.  Gives me something to recommend
if anybody asks how they can do it.  ;-}

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/