[OZAPRS] GPS Data Logger

Howard Small howard at small.com.au
Wed Apr 14 12:26:19 EST 2010

Darryl

I have a logger that is for geotagging photos (but don't use it now as I
have bought the Samsung ST1000 camera with inbuilt GPS, WLAN & Bluetooth).
It is not as sophisticated as the GeoCron Blue - it just records the
time/position and the data can be dumped to your PC via the USB connection.
However it might suit your needs.

The one I bought is labeled GPS Tedelex model GX2. Apart from the USB
connection it has a socket for an external antenna and four buttons that,
when pressed, add a label to the stored data at that location.

Some info can be seen at
http://www.oztion.com.au/buy/auction.aspx?itemid=3548109 and
http://www.ozeshopper.com.au/photo-locator-p-341.html

Howard
VK4BS

   1. GPS Data Logger (Darryl Smith)

I am looking for a commercial GPS Data logger, preferably that will record
to SD or USB. It needs to record when the power is supplied to the unit
only. I have looked at the GeoChron Blue from Sparkfun Electronics, but it
is buggy and does not work.

Alternately, If anyone is interested in doing some programming on the
GeoChron Blue from Sparkfun, that would be fine

Many thanks

Darryl