[OZAPRS] Nubie

Craig Turner craig at craigturner.id.au
Sun Sep 20 11:56:02 EST 2009

Thats great that you  are playing with all of those things, and in the
past you've also played with other interesting things.

And yet...apart from saying that you are playing with X or Y, and
posting pictures, you tend not to give any more information. So instead
of saying 'look at me! look at me!', maybe if you posted a bit more
information about what it is you are doing then you might get more kudos.

You know, several years ago you asked me for some information about
something, I can't remeber what, at the time I was working with a mate
on a tracking system on a solar hot air balloon, so maybe it was that,
might have been a connection diagram for a Maxon 2550. Whatever it was I
sent what little I had, and because I was taking flying lessons at the
time, I asked you some questions about what you were up to with APRS in
aircraft. And you know what I got, something along the lines of 'Tnks'.
Not even a full sentence. You wanted information, but didn't have the
courtesy to offer any back.

Ok, maybe you are busy, I know I am, maybe you just don't have the time
to follow up. Thats Ok, life is like that, but don't you dare belittle
others for what they are up to, unless you are prepared to offer an
alternative.

Saying 'Look at what I'm up too!' isn't an alternative, its grandstanding.

I'd love to chat about APRS in aircraft, or about receiving ADS-B, but
you clearly aren't interested in imparting your knowledge, even if it is
considerable. And yet, you critisise others who do try to help.

Andrew, I'm sure you've got a lot to offer the hobby, but you need to
ask yourself what it is that you are so bitter about. It is, after all,
just a hobby.

Craig