[OZAPRS] HF Frequencies

David djmunn at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 28 17:48:25 EST 2009

Hi David....its very difficult....any Amateur Operator in VK and i
believe it is the same in ZL
cant claim a HF frequency to be theirs......on VHF and above dedicated
freqs are allowed
in fact in legislation.....all Club and Personal nets on HF must be + or
- QRM....in fact on Voice the usual question is "is this frequency in
use"...not so on Digital...however a "good" operator should allow some
time to check his/her screen before transmitting..and ive been guilty of
treading on a QSO that i couldnt see one of the ops..
on 20m say 14070 i often see stations working VK's who i cant see even
though they are using say 50W....some VK4's are too close and sig goes
over the top

you have the same problem as the Pactor/ALE operators that TX without
checking as they often are unattended there is one that comes up on
approx 14075 and can cause QRM to JT65A operators on 14076....then in a
RTTY contest we get ops who will deliberatly QRM on our JT65A signals

unfortunatly its part of Amateur Radio....its a hobby and we all have to
live together  :-)

73 David VK4BDJ