[OZAPRS] HF Frequencies

David djmunn at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 28 07:27:04 EST 2009

Hi Phillip.....the problem of 7035 being used by many different modes
especially digital is that there is a very big problem with the band
plans for 40m between regions 1,2 and 3
Psk and other digi modes are on 7035 in EU while they are on 7070 in USA....
if i want to make PSK contacts to EU on 40m i have to use 7035 as that
is where the EU stations work Digital modes..The VK band plan for
Digital modes is 7030-7040 so working digi modes to EU is within our
Gentlemans agreement.....if APRS is using a frequency in that area of
course it will get stomped on
if I am to work digital modes to the USA i would have to use 7070 which
is outside our Gentlemans agreement for Digi......however it is in the
SSB segment and most Digital modes are SSB....What the WIA means by SSB
in the bandplan is Voice and should be designated as such..

73 David VK4BDJ