[OZAPRS] WX Station Help

Peter Bye vk2mpj at internode.on.net
Sat Nov 28 17:20:14 EST 2009

Ben Lindner-VK5JFK wrote:
> Hi Rete,
>
> I believe that there is raw pressure and station pressure ( I stand to
> be corrected on this matter ) this is probably where the difference is.
>
> Ben

Ben,

I did think that this may be the case, however, upon checking at my QTH
there is only a 0.6hpa difference bewtween Absolute and Relative pressures.

Andrew Rich wrote:
> Latest packet from you
>
> VK2MPJ>APRS,TCPIP*,qAC,T2AUST:@272343z3451.23S/15034.41E_225/002g004t094r000P000h43b10165eCumulusEW
>
> aprs.fi is showing 1016.5
>
> Last WX report: 2009-11-27 23:43:34 UTC (3m53s ago)
> 2009-11-28 10:43:34 EST local time at Nowra, Australia [?]
> Temperature: 34.4 °C
> Dew point: 20.0 °C
> Humidity: 43 %
> Pressure: 1016.5 mbar
> Wind: Southwest 225° 0.9 m/s (Gusts 1.8 m/s)
>  Rain: 0.0 mm during last 1 hour
>
> Are you sure you were looking at the latest data ? where you connected to
> the APRS IS when you saw the anomoly ?
>
> >From an independant evaluation, your system appears to be working.
>
> Andrew VK4TEC

Andrew,

I am trying now to see how that data has gotten into the system.
According to the wx logs here at my station, the QNH has not been
anywhere near 1016.5hpa today infact the highest it has been in the last
24hrs was approx 1010 at 220 last night.
What Cumulus does, is generates the WXNOW file in the correct APRS
standard (which I confirmed with the UI-VIEW help files) and then
uploads the info to the APRS-IS at the intervals I specify.

Current WXNOW data is
Nov 28 2009 17:12
270/003g013t098r000p...P000h25b09970
But displayed data is according to aprs.fi

2009-11-28 06:13:35 UTC: *VK2MPJ
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2MPJ>*>APRS,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SYDNEY:@280613z3451.23S/15034.41E_270/003g014t099r000P000h24b10105eCumulusEW
Which would (and does) result in a pressure of 1010.5hpa being displayed.

Yes I am connected to the APRS-IS via UI-View at the moment, I don't
have RF capability at the moment :(

So what I am trying to determine is where the pressure goes from b09970
in the WXNOW to b10105 as per the packet from aprs.fi

Does this make sense??

Cheers

Pete VK2MPJ