[OZAPRS] Sydney coverage

Rob - VK6LD vk6ld at sjr.com.au
Fri Nov 13 00:14:57 EST 2009

Hi to all,

I have been in Sydney this week on holidays visiting friends. Have been
carrying my Byonics MT-AIO (All-In-One) portable APRS tracker around in my
backpack whilst travelling around.

Have been impressed with the APRS coverage for the areas I have been in.
The VK2US digi has a great coverage around where I have been staying &
visiting.

Well done to the VK2's that install and maintain the APRS network.

On a different note, this trip I have noticed the voice repeaters on 2M &
70cm very quiet compared to previous trips. I remember the back in 1996
when I first brought my handheld on a Sydney trip and the Heathcote 2M
repeater used to go all day with QSO's.  Have made numerous trips to
Sydney since and always remember quite a lot of activity on the FM
repeaters.  In comparison I don't think I have heard a QSO at all on the
Heathcote repeater this trip. Maybe I am just listening at the wrong
times.

Look forward to hearing soon.

73's,

Rob...