[OZAPRS] Newb HF questions ;)

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sat May 23 16:22:55 EST 2009

Better get out the soldering iron and braid.  No upsetting Mrs Pitcher.
They have long memories, hi hi.

In seriousness I was hoping the gal screws would connect the panels of
colourbond together.  I suppose I can check continuity when installed and
proceed accordingly, without upsetting Mrs Pitcher of course  ;-).

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher

ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au wrote on 20/05/2009 11:31:22 AM:

> Many years ago (I like history :-) ) when the control tower for
> Bankstown airport was in its old location at the north of the field,
> they still had a 3MHz AM frequency. The antenna was a helical whip
> mounted on the apex of the corrugated iron roof of the equipment room.
> Every sheet of iron had a braided bonding strap soldered between it and
> the adjacent sheet of iron. If you're going to use a colourbond roof as
> a ground network, consider that the finish is an effective insulator
> between each sheet. You may not end up with the effective ground system
> you dreamed about. Stick with Zincalume instead of a pretty colour - but

> be prepared for complaints from Mr's Pitcher :-)
>
> Ray vk2tv

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail. EnergyAustralia has collected your business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity. More information about how we handle your personal information, including your right of access is contained at http://www.energy.com.au.