[OZAPRS] HF gateway antenna sugestions

larry larrykin at internode.on.net
Sat May 16 12:34:54 EST 2009

Hi All

I am a strong believer in a resonant dipole as high as possible - I have
used this simple antenna for many years now with great success.  I think the
KISS principle applies!  I have played with a vertical from time to time but
have always come back to a resonant dipole - I do not put much stock in
compromise antennas such as the OCF dipole etc.  From my experience
providing HF comms to the annual Variety Club bash here in SA - I can assure
you that a resonant dipole always provides the best long-term reliability.

Cheers

Larry vk5ly

ps  my email address is larrykin(at)internode.on.net