[OZAPRS] Re: Re: Anyone copying anyone?

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 31 20:03:40 EST 2009

> Just curious why everyone is trying so many freq's for aprs, are you all
> trying to get away from 30 meters??

No we are just confirming that 30m is still by far the best option !!

Sorry could not resist the sarcasm .. I better take that back..

Its just an experiment as far as I am concerned. The more that participate
the more acurate and useful the results will be. We have done a bit of this
in times past on 40m but never with so many participants and so many emails
on this list hi hi..

So far since changing to 20m on sunday Ive only copied ZL2TZE-4 . My setup
is not as good as a few others around the place but its the same setup on
all bands. Unfortuantely my antenna gets very directional on 20m in the
wrong direction and my noise levels in the metro area are not favorable. I
can still tell which band is the more consistant signals and decodes
however.

As far as being concerned about upsetting the International beacon listeners
on 14.100 just stop and think that we are using a recognised International
APRS frequency thats allready established and in heavy use (a point allready
covered on this forum). So if thats the case they would have been upset a
while back.
Lets not go jumping about in frequency to just land on top of someone elses
net.

Tony  Hunt VK5AH