[OZAPRS] Re: HF APRS

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Mar 30 19:39:40 EST 2009

Hello Tony,

Yep, I've seen you on 20m. I've also seen Philip ZL2TZE about 50Hz
higher. I have to confess that I don't know who is "on" frequency
because my TS430 needs calibrating, although when it was on 10147.600 it
seems to be in the right spot. Currently it's between you and Philip on
14096.62. Given that I decoded you with a dial reading of 14096.6 I
guess Philip has the error. At least now my signal is clean he can work
around that.

Philip and I had a brief voice contact on the aprs frequency earlier
tonight and he pointed me to a quality problem with my transmission.
That turned out to be a power supply issue (I think it doesn't like the
rapidly changing peak current - it's a 44A switchmode unit) which I've
managed to work around for now.

I'll keep monitoring until I turn in in about an hours time.

Just decoded you again at 19:38.

Ray vk2tv