[OZAPRS] Higher beacon rate HF versus VHF?

Rob Heyer vk2xic at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 31 16:14:37 EST 2009

Ray,
Hi, I believe you have made a number of good points in your note.

I don't say much on APRS (OZAPRS) because I have a lot to learn and feel 'we' as amateur's need to hasten slowly on the HF issue; look and learn (good and bad stuff) from those who have made there mark.

We will have a wonderful safety system for those who need it, if we keep our heads.

Me, I'm working towards 30M and think we couldn't have a better band for APRS than 30M.

For what it is worth!

73's

Rob Heyer

IRLP VK2RMP Node No. 6018 (146.850 MHz)
  APRS - VK2XIC QTH; VK2XIC-4 Bicycle; VK2XIC-9 Car; VK2XIC-12 Portable
  Member - WIA  & IARS
              - SES (Shellharbour City)
Eat Australian lamb a 1,000,000 Dingos can't be wrong !