[OZAPRS] SatGate

Jim Tittsler ZL2IA at OnNZ.net
Mon Mar 30 05:12:13 EST 2009

On 03/29/2009 12:02 PM, David and Justine Olsen wrote:
> I would like to set my station up to Rx from satellites and send data to
> APRS server. I have been listening on 145.825 for many days but no luck.
> I know ISS APRS is down right now, but thought there were at least 4
> other birds.
> I am using 9600bd . Do all of the satellites act as digipeaters?

When ISS is in packet mode it is easily the loudest and most reliable
satellite digi left on 145.825.  When on, it is normally in 1200 baud mode.
Check when it has been heard recently:  http://ariss.net/

PCSAT-1 sometimes blurts a 1200 baud packet after it has been
illuminated for a while, and occasionally charges up to the point where
it can digipeat complete packets.  Unfortunately it hasn't been able to
stay in packet mode for a complete orbit and serve as a reliable digi
for several months now.
Check recent status:  http://pcsat.findu.com/