[OZAPRS] Contest SSB

Jack Chomley radio at irock.com.au
Sun Mar 29 07:58:14 EST 2009

At 05:50 AM 3/29/2009, ZL2TZE
  wrote:
>Hi,
>I have been listening around of late to find out why many data stations are
>not being copied, both in NZ and in VK
>I have come to the conclusion that there are not enough HF data stations in
>the given band segments.

Snip...
There are people doing things ;-)  Its just that with so many modes,
they are spread out everywhere, not to mention that propagation has
been almost non existent, I keep an eye on longpath stuff and its not
happening, either.
Our group has been TRYING to work Pactor 1, 2 & 3 for the last 12
months, with very occasional successes.

For finding workable propagation, it probably would be better on RTTY
or PSK31. They are the first signals I hear, IF anything is happening ;-)

73  Jack VK4JRC