[OZAPRS] Invalid SSID

VK2VRD rjd at vk2vrd.info
Sun Mar 22 18:29:18 EST 2009

I recently purchased two TinyTrak4 units primarily for vehicular tracking
purposes.

I used the tt4_firmware_loader_v0.1.3 to load Tracker_v4.07.  This made
software.

I then attempted the configuration phase.  Once again this process was
extremely easy to perform using the TT4TrackerConfig

EXCEPT

I referred to the recommended SSID table for use with APRS in Australia, and
I assume worldwide.  The table suggested using -0 for home stations and -9
for mobile stations.  I successfully configured a unit for VK2VRD-9 to use
in my vehicle.  When I tried to set the configuration for VK2VRD-0 each time
I wrote the configuration to the TT4 it would remove the -0 and simply save
it as VK2VRD.

Have I missed something?  Can the TT4 be configured with a -0 SSID?  I don't
particularly want to set both as -9 as I want the second unit to be a home
base (not digipeater, not iGate) just a straight home base unit.  What SSID
should I be using in this case?  No other SSID values in the table seem
appropriate.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction

Thank you

Robert Duck - VK2VRD