[OZAPRS] Dubbo Trip

Rodney Mitchell rodney at melecom.com.au
Fri Mar 13 11:32:07 EST 2009

Have a great trip Kev!

Maybe you are limited with HF antennas, but just to mention my
experience ...  I've found 10.147.6 USB reliable throughout the day.

Digis in Darwin QLD and the West.

73 de Rod, VK5KFB.

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 11:21 +1100, Kev wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Off to Dubbo today for the weekend, will be running APRS in the car.
> Don't know what the coverage is like on the route but will run all
> weekend. Set up is a TMD-700 with a newly acquired Garmin 16 (for $20 on
> ebay) permanently mounted on the roof of the dual cab canopy. The GPS
> feeds both the TMD 700 and my Uniden 996 scanner in the car which is GPS
> enabled.
>
> Will be on HF 7.070 as well.
>
> Regards
>
> Kev
>
> VK2KEV

Rodney Mitchell
Senior Technical Officer

Melecom
73 Fiveash Drive
Pasadena
South Australia     5042

www.melecom.com.au

VK5KFB

believed to be clean.
Supported by melecom with a Fedora server.