[OZAPRS] HF APRS and BMARC DXpedition

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Mar 29 10:15:06 EST 2009

Geoff,

If you're going to Poeppels Corner, be sure to visit the Lamamour
Plateau - if you like lots of flint. There's a nice track from there
that takes you to Birdsville via Cadelga Outstation, part of Cordillo Downs.

For anyone with the licence qualifications to use 30m, that band
provides the most reliable means of getting signals out of almost
anywhere in Oz at almost any time of the day or night. David's push for
40m is based on him not being permitted to use 30m, and I support his
objective. Just wish I could help with a 40m port.

Re my Igate
145.175
10147.600 - 30W, dipole favouring VK5 at 45'
14105.100 - 30W, dipole favouring VK5/VK8/ZL at 45'

Both are USB with 1600/1800Hz tones.

All ports are available 24/7 and the station is located 10km NW of Kempsey.

Ray vk2tv