[OZAPRS] VK2RMC-1

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Jul 13 10:23:17 EST 2009

James Cameron VK2LQZ wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:36:16PM +1000, Ray Wells wrote:
>
>> The Baycom USCC>4 card consists of a mothercard with a couple of SCC
>> chips and up to four daughter card modems. I have modems for ...
>> 1 x 9k6, 1 x 0k3 and 2 x 1k2 radio ports.
>>

> Why not just use PCI sound cards and soundmodem?  Is it that you would
> then need to add external PTT control?

A 386SX25 for the Baycom card has more appeal to me :-)

I originally ran it on a 10MHz 286AT with Flexnet before migrating to
Linux on a P75 with 32M RAM.

>> I have a two-port PCI serial card but Linux is a bit funny with it. One
>> port will work fine but not the second. The second keeps going to sleep.
>>

> Which kernel version?  I know there were problems in certain older
> kernels ... with PCI interrupt assignment for PCI serial cards, but that
> was, like, 2001 or so.

2.6.28 compiled on the machine.

I have the two-port card in a 2GHz Dell running Kubuntu
2.6.24(something) but I haven't tried to utilise it yet, too many other
wheels falling off.

Ray vk2tv