[OZAPRS] VK2RMC-1

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Jul 12 10:45:34 EST 2009

Just in case anybody has noticed vk2rmc-1 missing in action, it should
be back later today (Sunday)

The HDD on my bbs machine died on Friday night and I'm currently setting
everything up again.

I'd probably have it working by now except it took 12 hours to get Linux
installed. No, not a Linux problem, a motherboard problem. It hates most
CDROM drives and really gets its knickers in a knot - don't mess with an
angry motherboard! This m/b used to do the same when it was dealing with
Windoze, and it's wearing the latest BIOS. If anyone has a spare socket
370 motherboard with at least two ISA slots I'd love to hear from you.
I'm running an Celeron P700. If it takes 168 pin SDRAM that would be a
bonus.

All the kernel ax25 stuff has been compiled and installed and I'm
getting ready to compile xastir, so the gateway should be back on line
soon. Famous last words!

Ray vk2tv