[OZAPRS] VK2VK-9 - check your settings!

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Wed Jul 8 18:16:28 EST 2009

If VK2VK is monitoring this list, PLEASE check your mobile setup!!

VK2VK-9 is transmitting a Status message EVERY 3 SECONDS !  (TinyTrak3 v1.1)

The digipeaters are only repeating the packet every 30 seconds, as
theduplicate suppression algorithm is looking after ignoring the rest,
however driving home this evening I was hearing the original packets direct
- every 3 seconds.  barely any free airtime in between.

This station is also transmitting the subtone for Voicealert - which is why
the problem was noticed J

PLEASE only run Voicealert subtone if you are monitoring the radio for calls
- I called several times with no answer.

If anyone on the list knows VK2VK, please pass this info on.

Thanks,

Geoff  VK2XJG