[OZAPRS] CQ CQ , this is bg2st

Mark Cheeseman mark at cheeseman.org
Sun Jul 12 16:16:22 EST 2009

晗 王 wrote:
> 1. which frequency people often use for ham? i just take my yeasu vx-7r to sydney.
> 2. how can i get the permission for transmitting

The VX-7R should serve you well. As for licensing, the links Tony
provided are the best starting point.

> 3. is there any ham group in UNSW? or around UNSW?

There was once a club at UNSW, called UNSWARS. I was secretary for a
couple of years, but that was a long time ago. I haven't set foot in the
Kensington campus in over a decade or two, but searching on the web
doesn't turn up much that looks current, except for the Bluesat project:
http://www.bluesat.unsw.edu.au/.

As for clubs around UNSW, there is the Waverley Amateur Radio Society,
http://www.vk2bv.org, and St George Amateur Radio Society,
http://www.sgars.org, both of whom would make you welcome, I'm sure.
There are also plenty of other clubs in the Sydney area, if you end up
living further from campus.

73,
Mark VK2XGK