[OZAPRS] 10.1476 Tones not right!

stevez at tpg.com.au stevez at tpg.com.au
Thu Jul 2 11:22:25 EST 2009

Hello Dick,

It may be my PSKMail beacons. They are a few hundred Hz down from APRS,
but probably in your radio's audio passband. They are PSK125 (125 Hz
wide) and are centred around 10148.5kHz. If you use MixW or FLDigi in
BPSK125 mode you should be able to decode them. This mode is a lot
narrower than 300bd APRS, and a lot lower in frequency, so shouldn't be
interfering with APRS.

I can often hear some MFSK from the radio too. It's even lower in
frequency. Interesting what a single 3kHz segment of the 30m band can
contain when narrow-ish digital modes are used!

Let me know if you decode any of the beacons!

Steve (VK2ZSZ).