[OZAPRS] Adelaide Network info

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat Jan 31 14:06:12 EST 2009

Just for info. Over the last few days some may have noticed the coverage
lacking in the metro area a bit.

VK5RHO-1 at Ansteys hill went off air mid week. This was an inevitable
situation that something could break considering the temperatures we have
been sustaining. The power supply gave up and the voice repeater went down
as well.

As an interim meausure VK5RAH-1 was reactivated at Lobethal to patch up the
coverage and paths to the Barossa.

As of saturday morning we are now back with RHO for this time although it is
on a temporary power supply at this stage. The voice repeater is operational
also.
For now RAH at Lobethal is not carrying any traffic.

If we have to swap back to RAH at Lobethal again you will find the coverage
in the Eastern Metro hills area rather lacking.

Thanks to members of the NE club for their efforts at the Ansteys hill site.

Tony Hunt VK5AH