[OZAPRS] APRS nextgen

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 07:30:12 EST 2009

That sounds great, but don't lose sight of the fact that APRS is not all
about tracking.  Your remote units should have two-way capability, if only
to back-off transmission when there is something else already
transmitting.

It sounds like you are re-inventing Bob Ball's PIC TNC.  It's a TNC, a
digipeater, and a tracker (all one unit, depending on how it's
configured).

On the display side, since you are using Linux is there any reason why you
are not using Xastir?

73,

Andrew
ZL3AME