[OZAPRS] Test

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Jan 29 13:50:12 EST 2009

While we were on our honeymoon, we pretty much ditched the Navman S90i
that the NRMA replaced my old icn530 with when it got stolen, and went
back to paper maps..  It not knowing the proper name of the main
street in mt gambier was a bit of a pain..  But driving from kyneton
to lancefield (which I've done hundreds of times), ON lancefield road,
it kept wanting me to turn right -  half the time into one-way
streets, and most of the time onto dirt roads (it was set to NO dirt
roads)..  Leaving lancefield, and wanting to head up to mt macedon, it
again took us down a dirt road - even though it was set to no dirt
roads..  Ended up having 'fun' getting the commodore wagon un-bottomed-
out off a rock, and throwing the gps into the back of the wagon
somewhere... (yeah yeah, I should have been more careful in the wagon,
but while I knew I had less ground clearance than I used to have in
the hilux, I hadn't really realised just how much less.. ;) )

And Navman just sent me an email asking if I'd like to buy the latest
maps for $269..  I emailed them back detailing the hell we went
through with it on the honeymoon (I'd actually told NRMA that I didn't
want another navman under any circumstances, and wanted a tomtom, but
their new-for-old apparently won't let you change brands :( ), and
asking if their new maps came with a money-back guarantee, if they
turned out to be just as useless as the current ones, but I haven't
heard back..

Oh the best bit.. - our house doesn't exist apparently...  The houses
on either side (we're at the end of a court) do, but not ours...  Go
figure!

--DG