[OZAPRS] Fire and Weather

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Tue Jan 13 22:36:09 EST 2009

Hi Darryl,

Peter VK3TBN, Richard VK2SKY & myself had a test application running for VK2
& VK3 that did just that some time ago. Unfortunate it didn't get to far as
we where relying on www pages that where not always consistent in their
format.

I've been working with the local CFA to see if I can possibly get a
'reliable' feed from them. Not had a lot of luck to date. If this happens it
will make any fire reporting system much more reliable.

We would need to follow the US APRS Fire Net protocol too.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK