[OZAPRS] VK2 Network news

Geoff geoff at gatwards.org
Sun Jan 4 15:20:08 EST 2009

Steve,

Your best bet would be to set up as a Fill-In digipeater (WIDE1-1), as that
area will be pretty well covered by the WIDE at VK1RGI-1.  That way if you
do cover the Goulburn area mobiles will get into the network, but your
station won't be re-transmitting EVERYTHING that goes to RF (As a WIDE would
do)

It's actually surprising, I was in Goulburn a few weeks ago and I was being
digipeated by both VK1RGI-1 and VK1RBM-1, and seeing the MY POS from both!
So there IS coverage in SOME of the Goulburn region.

For what it's worth we have approached some of the local amateurs in the
area, and lets just say their response was less than enthusiastic to APRS in
general.

See how it goes - anything is better than nothing :-)

Geoff  VK2XJG